We are pleased to announce our next ELAI’s seminar on the very topical subject of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
With the recent change in the narrative on this issue this is an important area for employment specialists to be up to date and learn from other experts.
Time: Thursday 22 March 2018 - 6pm registration and start 6.30pm – 8pm and drinks in the Shed behind the Arbitration Centre to follow
Location: Dublin Arbitration Centre, Distillery Building, 145-151 Church Street, Dublin
Topics to include:
- How investigating a Sexual Harassment complaint differs to other complaints- special considerations
- Effect Lyons v Longford Westmeath on internal investigations- right to cross examine and legal representation ?
- Recent case law - How to litigate a complaint in WRC/Circuit Court and High Court, what Defences are available
- What is the view on the ground as to prevalence of harassment in the workplace in Ireland – what data is available
- What is the view from the UK – Comparative experience, cases and awards and use of Non- Disclosure agreements
- Third Party Sexual Harassment
We have a prominent panel lined up with specialists on this area from a HR, legal and union perspective as well as view from a large employment practice in the UK, who regularly represent plaintiffs in such claims to provide their comparative insight and experience on this topic.
- Claire Bruton BL
- Claire Dawson – National Practice Group Leader - Employment Law, Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP London
- Bernadette Treanor – Mediator and Investigator - Beo Solutions
- David Joyce - Head of Equality - ICTU